Friday, February 27, 2009

a real bachelor pad

go here to read more about a designer they call a shoe whore, and also see lots of good pics


I read you keep a journal. Can we read it?

[Laughs] No.

Why? What do you put in it?

It’s personal. It’s not a blog … anyway, by the fourth week I had signed up for FIT. I made up a bogus resumé … and I went to the D&D building and I handed out resumés. By the time I got home, I had gotten a call from John Rosselli and I worked for him for about a year and a half in sales.

Did you tell him that your resumé was bogus?

No [laughs] …

Don’t you think when you’re young everyone has to cheat a bit to get going. There’s that phrase: ‘Fake it until you make it’.

[Laughs] That’s a good one! So I worked there and met a lot of designers and I was going to FIT. Then one day one of my clients came in one day and said, would you be interested in interviewing with us, a Connecticut-based design company and I worked there for five years, built up a clientele and then like everyone else went off by myself. It was very scary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive