Wednesday, September 23, 2009

pee wee herman finally making a comeback

it's been 2 many years. pee wee has been more than punished 4 something that should not have been a crime in the first place.
he's bringing a live show 2 los angeles 2 the music box theater in november. it's called "even o'clock number" & will be a live version of pee wees playhouse, a place i loved to visit.



Pee-wee Herman showed off a new piece of jewelry Tuesday night when he made an appearance on 'The Jay Leno Show.'
Pee-wee Herman showed off a new piece of jewelry Tuesday night when he made an appearance on 'The Jay Leno Show' last night.

from the ny dailly news:

He's ba-ack! Pee-wee Herman, aka actor Paul Reubens, appeared on "The Jay Leno Show" Tuesday night and showed off his new "abstinence ring."
No, he's not getting married. Instead, the bow-tie wearing comedian was making a tongue-in-cheek reference to his 1991 arrest for indecent exposure at an adult theater.
"I'm only two days into it," Herman told Leno. "Not easy!"
Wearing his trademark gray suit, white shoes and red bow-tie, Herman also discussed recording his first song, Hailey Mills' "Let's Get Together," as a child."My plan was to send the record to Walt Disney, but it didn't happen," he said. "When I got home…I put it on the record player. I had never heard my voice and when I heard my voice, I was like, ‘oh my goodness, no!' "And so I went and smashed it on the sidewalk and didn't sing for years and years and years," he recalled. Thankfully for his many fans, Herman, 51, is taking his act back to the stage in "Eleven O'Clock Number" at Los Angeles' Music Box Theater in November. The on-stage version of the comedian's "Pee-wee's Playhouse" franchise is expected to include Miss Yvonne, a character who was obsessed with beauty and often flirted with Pee Wee, and Cowboy Curtis, a "cowboy" who had his hair in a jheri curl mullet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive