Designed in 1947 by E. Stewart Williams for Frank Sinatra and his first wife, Nancy Barbato, Twin Palms is a spectacular example of mid-century architecture in the heart of Palm Springs’ Movie Colony community. E. Stewart Williams created a masterpiece residence with seamless interior / exterior flow. Twin Palms Estate is located just around the corner from residences once owned by Al Jolson, Jack Benny and Cary Grant. This luxury vacation rental estate boasts both luxury and historical and architectural significance.
If these walls could talk… indeed, the 4,500 square foot home was host to some of the valley’s most glamorous parties with Hollywood’s brightest stars, including Bob Hope, Joan Crawford, Phil Silvers, Mary Livingston, George Burns, Gracie Allen, and even the reclusive Greta Garbo. The home was also witness to some of Sinatra’s most memorable bouts. One of the most outrageous was when Frank threw then-wife Ava Gardner’s possessions onto the driveway after she appeared at the house in an attempt to catch him with Lana Turner. You can still see the chip in the sink where Frank threw a bottle in a rage.
The home today is perfect for vacationing or special events. The residence includes a master suite, guest suite, guest bedroom, and an exterior entrance guest room. Each bedroom has ensuite bathrooms with an additional powder room in the great room. The kitchen is updated with today modern appliances and perfect for creating culinary art and entertaining. The estate is also wired with the latest technology, including wifi, iPod connectivity with surround sound. Guest enjoy listening to nostalgic Sinatra tunes that are available for enjoyment. While the home does include the original recording equipment, today the cabinet is also used to showcase a flat screen television. Memorabilia can be seen throughout the home in this preserve architectural residence that was once Frank Sinatra’s desert retreat from Hollywood.
- Four bedrooms each with ensuite bathrooms, additional power room is available in the great room
- Pool house with bar, kitchenette, and his and hers cabanas with full bathrooms
- Sinatra’s original recording studio still in place (although not connected for use)
- Massive sliding glass doors open onto expansive patio, incorporating cabana and piano-shaped swimming pool – perfect for desert indoor – outdoor lifestyle
- Exquisitely furnished residence with pieces designed by Adnet, Frankl, and McCobb; extensive Sinatra memorabilia and important works of art and decoration throughout the estate
- Located in a Central Palm Springs near the Convention Center and Downtown
Visit beaumondevillas to more info