Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Another Deep South Master

Another architect doing great work in the South is Ken Tate from Louisiana.  Ken, who was born in Mississippi, studied at Auburn.  His work is spectacular.  Ken, as others I have covered, does an incredible job of reinterpreting historic works to fit the homes sites or simply what he sees as fitting.  Each of his projects are unique works that fit incredibly well into their settings.
While I have seen many of his homes in person, this Norman style house I have not but love it.






Here is one of his Creole Compounds he created:




And a Deep South Estancia in Jackson, Mississippi:







Another Creole style house:




I hope you love his work as much as I do.  You can find more of his projects at www.kentatearchitect.com and in his very impressive book, New Classicists, Ken Tate Architect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive