Thursday, October 8, 2009

When Black Works

One of the best things about blogging is you get to talk to so many people you would normally never meet. The comments and e-mails I receive from readers really keep me going, I appreciate them so much. A few months ago when I did this post on black rooms I got an e-mail from a wonderful lady, Mary. Then, a few weeks ago some very cool images appeared in my inbox- pictures of Mary's black bathroom. I begged her to let me post them and although she was a little apprehensive because this is just a little fix up until they can completely gut the bathroom, she was a good sport and agreed! As you can see she did an excellent job!
I know black can be a scary color, but this is an excellent example of how when used correctly it is really a striking color.
Can you believe she installed the faucet herself? A woman after my own heart.
Love the panels on either side of the curtain.
A little extra for you. Here is her laundry room with a fun wallpaper. Since these pictures there have been some changes like a new front load washer and dryer, but I can tell this room would make doing laundry so much better.

Thank you Mary for sending me these pictures and letting me post them. I think you did an amazing job and I can't wait to see what you come up with one day when you completely redo the bathroom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive