Monday, April 5, 2010

A Different Frame

A while back I showed this painting, by Chilean painter Victor H. Arevalo Silvo, my Dad gave to us. I loved it so much I knew I wanted to do something different to display it.Here is a picture without the glare.
I went to a local glass shop and had them cut two pieces of glass for the front and back and then asked them to drill 6 holes through each. I will say they thought I was crazy but they agreed to try. Well it worked and I connected the two with simple nuts and bolts from Home Depot, then ran a wire from one bolt to the other.
A closer view...
From the side...
The hardest part was getting the holes in the glass but other than that is was relatively simple. I will definitely be using this idea again.

Also a big thank you to A Perfect Gray for the Beautiful Blogger Award and Hamptontoes for the Happy 101 Award, you are too sweet for thinking about me, I appreciate it!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive