Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Before & After Guest Blogger: Marianne from Haven & Home

Hi Pure Style Readers, I am so happy to be here!!! Lauren was one of my very first blog friends, she is such a genuine, sweet person and I am thankful we met in this crazy blog world!

Okay, so on to the before and after. I decided to do a nursery I have been working on that is almost finished. This client wanted a tranquil nursery that was more on the refined side than funky (those who know me know I love both). Before this room was a "catch all" room with horrible carpet and an u-g-l-y ceiling fan. I give this description because I really don't have good before pictures (that I can use without risking my life) other than these:




*Before we get to the After I should say these pictures are taken by me and it is not styled (I ran out of time), so please excuse the lack of photography skills. Here is the After (what was I saying about lack of photography skills? ahhm, dark dark picture):



We looked at a lot of different options for color including white but this room is SO dark and gets zero natural light so we went for cozy with a blue on the trim and subtle stripes on the ceiling.



Here is the other side:



On thing I love about this room is the lighting- the mirrored hanging light, the floor lamp and the aged blue lamp on the dresser:



The crib bedding we had made. We both loved the the blue fabric on the outside of the bumper and loved the idea of a linen skirt so for a more custom look we added the blue again at the bottom. I wish you could see the inside bumper fabric, it is a pretty diamond (and yes all washable).



The stool is actually from Ikea, we had it monogrammed and added the ribbon along the bottom. The shelf we had made:


Since this room is very small we put the changing table in the closet and painted it one shade darker than the trim color.



loved these hooks to hang the curtain to hid the closet, the electrical covers look similar.



One more:



I hope you enjoyed the nursery- there are still some minor things missing but I really love the way it turned out. Thank you Lauren for having me as a guest blogger, I have enjoyed being here!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Marianne!!!  This is one of the most beautiful nurseries I've ever seen!! It has such a sophisticated feeling and is fit for a princess!!I love the touches of blue throughout and all of your gorgeous custom touches.  Amazing work- I love it!!!

To check out Haven & Home and see more of Marianne's gorgeous work, go here.

xoxo,
lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive