Monday, June 7, 2010

Choosing Sides

A few weeks ago I was home visiting my parents when I spied this cart. It had been sitting in the basement, left from the previous owners, and somehow I had missed it until now.
So it came home with me and now resides as our new side table in the den.
I had the top cut out of left over marble and asked them to keep the bottom unfinished. I love the clean feel of the marble against the worn down wood but I wanted part of the marble to be imperfect as well.
I wish I knew the story behind it. We are thinking it might be a coal cart with the unique wheels but I would love to hear any guesses.
While the old side table was a hand me down that I did nothing for me, I loved what was underneath it. I had this vintage suitcase underneath with books stacked on top....now I will have to find it a new home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive