Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Client Dining Room & Framed Fabric Panels

I'm helping a client of mine, Malinda, tweak a few things in her formal red dining room. Malinda and I met  at the accessory-arranging seminar I did at the Pear Tree Cottage last year and we've been working together since. She really enjoys finding special personal pieces for her home and is so great to work with.  She's so encouraing and really has a handle on her style, which tends to be bold, traditional and a tad English.  She's typically drawn towards a mix of patterns and is attracted to guilded accents like the sunburst mirror below and bold colors.  In her dining room, we've kept all of the existing furniture and introduced some accents and were looking to simply freshen it up. 


{Malinda's Dining Room Before}

And now...

{Malinda's Dining Room Now- We layered in more patterns and added framed ikat panels on the walls.  We're planning to add a new chandy & chairs under prints}


{the new velvet curtains}

My favorite part of the dining room is the pair of framed Ikat fabric panels I had made:



They add an almost modern, graphic element to the room.  They're proteced under UV coated glass and I used a linen liner in the frame to add more texture and a white outline around the fabric.  I love the juxtaposition of the fun fresh ikat with the formal guilded frames. 


For now, we have these seagrass chairs for balance under the Ikat frames and I love the natural element they add to the room.  Eventually we'd like to switch them out to something a bit taller and wider. 


Malinda can also keep plants alive!! Isn't her fern gorgeous?:


Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this little makeover and I can't wait to show you more!!  And thanks so much Malinda!!

xoxo, Lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive