Friday, August 27, 2010

Corolla & "my" Beach House


We're finishing up our week here in Corolla, North Carolina and I DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE.  I love this place.  we've been coming here for summer vacations ever since I was a kid and I even spent a summer working here with one of my best friends, Alissa, at the local sports bar, Sundogs.   

Here's a picture of Sundogs and its appearance is deceiving.  It's so much fun!!!  (If you ever come here, it's in the front of the Food Lion Shopping Center and gets going late night.  There's a huge tiki bar inside.)



During the 4 months that I worked at Sundogs (a college summer) I made some amazing friends who we get to come back & see every year...



It was a late night...  Nat Hall (on my left) & Jerry Cooper (on my right) used to bartend at Sundogs and play music all over the Outer Banks.  (Jerry's since moved & is now living with his wife in SC)...  I worked there 8 years ago and I've never looked at Corolla the same since.  It was interesting to get the "local" perspective after vacationing there for so long.  Honestly, I'd recommend having kids work at least a summer at their vacation spot because you really just do get a whole different flavor for it.  You respect it in a different way.  You see all that goes on behind the scenes and you appreciate it more.  (And, you always having friends to come back to!)

...The only types of pics Dave & I usually get together are the hand-holding the camera kind:


So, as I was saying, I do not want to leave this place:


Here's our beach house this year:



I'm not going to show you the inside BUT I'll show you what I wish it was:
Check out the lower level entry:

{Image via House of Turquoise)

And the dining area:

{Image via Head over Heels}

And the living room- oh my goodness!!!

{Design by SR Gambrel}

And "my" bathroom:


I LOVE this hammock which sits on the deck:  (really)



The bunk room:


{image unknown}

And my bedroom:


{Design by SR Gambrel}

Here's the walk up to the beach:  (Now back to reality ;)


Christian's having the best time.  He & my grandmother built this fortress:


Dave & my little sister Morgan (13 years old) enjoying the surf:



And Justin relaxing in his stroller:


I could literally dedicate an entire post to my son's thighs.  I CANNOT get over them.  They are so insanely squeezable and kissable and...  I'm going to spare you but it's hard for me to stop ;)

So anyway, have an amazing weekend and we will be enjoying the rest of ours right here:




xoxo, Lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive