Friday, March 19, 2010

Girls, Girls, Girls

Whew what a week, does anyone else feel that way? I really don't have anything to post today but something has been on my mind this week and it kind of ties in to what I am working on- girls rooms. So here are some "in between" pictures of current projects.

It all started when I talked to my best friend this week- we hadn't talked in a few weeks, which is rare for us, and it somehow ended with me giving her a 20 minute dissertation on the woes of shipping in the design world. Does she care about a table in Memphis that was promised to be here last week only to be back ordered until May? No. But she listened to my rant and that was more therapeutic than anything else in the world.
(headboard is done but that is all, this picture is from one of the bedding brainstorming phases, it is going to cute, but not what you see here)

A month ago I was in Memphis sitting at Houston's with a great friend, Jenny, and that lunch is so clear in my head because she is an amazing listener. I was able to just sit there and talk about business going well and future plans, etc. and it is nice to do that with someone who really cares about you and your life (it is also a plus she knows the entrepreneurial woes).
This came yesterday for a client- the nursery was finished a while ago in aquas, greens and browns but we thought it would be cute to have a little pink. I can't wait to see it up (especially since the sweet baby has already arrived) but I think it was worth the wait. Here is what it will look like....
Then this week someone said something to me that was rude and inappropriately timed, and since I was unfortunately born sensitive it was bothering me until I got to one of my fabulous clients homes and being around her made me feel so much better. (I don't have the source for the room below but I think it is a great girls room)
Anyhoo, all of this to say, I am so thankful for all the women in my life and thank you to all the "listeners" - such an amazing quality to have.

Wow, did that really just come from sitting down with nothing to post about?

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive